Upgrade Makerball digitally by following these steps:
You will need these parts for a digital upgrade.
- a smartphone
- a computer
- a microcontroller with Bluetooth connection
- a breadboard and some wires
- a battery connector
- a 9V battery
- 4 resistors
- Arduino IDE on your computer
- Makerball score app on your smartphone
- a microcontroller with Bluetooth connection. We recommend the Arduino Genuino 101.
- a breadboard. Half-size is fine. Something like this.
- a normal 9V battery.
- 12 male/male jumper wires (between 5 and 15 cm in length).
Connect the microcontroller and the breadboard. The color of the wires have no meaning.
- Download and install the Arduino IDE on your computer: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Download and install the board (e.g. Arduino Genuino 101).
- Install "Curie BLE" library (Arduino IDE: Menu > Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries)
- Connect your microcontroller with the USB cable to your computer.
- Go to our GitHub site. Copy the source codes (MakeplayArduino.ino, TiltSensor.h and bluetooth.ino) and open them in Arduino IDE.
- Upload the codes to your microcontroller
So far, the Makerball score app is only available for Apple phones. Download the app from the App Store on your smartphone.